A Mid Autumn Day's Dream

Fall
Even on a cloudy day The Green Mountains are golden. (photo taken by me)

 There are not very many days left in October and along with the few days that are left, the beautiful Fall Foliage is fleeting!

The Foliage here seems to be different every year (from what I can tell in my 3 years of experience). Even though it is lovely in its uniqueness each time; I can honestly say this year has been the most breathtaking.

Autumn in Vermont is always gorgeous but at the same time quite fleeting. Just the right amount of rain or cold weather will make all the leaves fall in the blink of an eye (aka two weeks or so) But, Mother nature designed is just right this year; As you see its not only be extra colorful but has lasted much longer as well.

Fall Foliage
I took this photo on an early October sunny day.
*click to enlarge*


This was the first year I had a "professional" camera and it worked out perfectly so I could document this years foliage. However, I have to say no amount of pictures or photo editing ( p.s. which I did none in these pictures!) captures how beautiful it is in person. I must admit one of the reasons that helped me be "okay" with moving here ( Steve and the fur babies as well... that goes without saying) was I would get real Autumns. Even long time Vermonters in my area have expressed to me how lovely the foliage was this year.


My favorite tree in our backyard was already starting to turn colors
 in late September.

Steve and I decided this past weekend to take advantage of what was left of these fleeting Autumn days and decided to drive right outside of town to one of our favorite little areas. We love this spot because its rural "country-esque"vibe. We love driving down secret scenic roads most weekends and all times of the year. Because, we always find something interesting and fun.
Oh! and you know it wouldn't be me or Vermont for that matter, without taking a snapshot of the local dairy cows.            (P.S. I love cows!)
I love how the dairy calf on the left is giving me the stank eye. While the other on the right here is probably thinking " If I ignore her maybe she'll go away."
*click to enlarge*


It was very windy a pretty darn chilly that day; but even so, Steve and I decided to walk around for a bit. We came across a pretty little pond (which I posted that pic on Instagram if your curious to see it) but then we quickly decided to head back to the car! It was just getting too windy and it looked like it was going to rain soon. On the way back to the car however, I took a picture of this "yellow leafed road". Which suddenly made me feel like it was calm and a little warmer outside. Funny how that happens sometimes...

Well folks there you have it! A little glimpse into what Fall looks like here in Vermont. I wish I would have taken more photos for ya'll (showing a bit of my country side slang there) but in all honesty, I was just enjoying the moment of it all and as mentioned before, the pictures just don't quite capture the beauty you see in person AND it leaves more photo ops for next years right?!!

What's to Come on the Blog? Well, we finally made it to a pumpkin stand over the weekend (better late than never) so I will be posting pics from that outing soon. Oh also, as promised, look for some apple recipes soon to come and for all my beauty junkies a first ever mini review on a all natural skin care product.

Thank you for stopping by and feel free to share with me your favorite things about Fall :) xo ~yolanda~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How About Them Apples?

If The Pumpkin Fits, Wear It.

MUN Skin Care | AKWI Purifying Cleanser Review