If The Pumpkin Fits, Wear It.



As mentioned in my last blog post, I told ya'll how Steve and I went to one of the local pumpkin stands. I'm hoping next year we get our butts motivated earlier enough in the year to find an actual pumpkin patch and pick our own pumpkin right off the vine. But, anyways...

We got there pretty late in the season ( per Vermont time) but there were still a fair amount to choose from. If you ever really look at pumpkins all together you come to realize there a lot like snow flakes, not one is exactly like the other. However, my favorites are the low rounded ones. I also discovered these orange and white stripped ones that I had never seen before, I think they might be my new favorites. But nothing beats a good ol' fashion big huge round pumpkin. 




I also picked up three little pie pumpkins at the stand, with the intentions of making a homemade pumpkin puree from them to make pies. Since Thanksgiving will be here before we know it, I may see if I am able to make it ahead of time and freeze it with my apple pie I still need to make. 

"Smashing Pumpkins" I just had to take this picture, just to pay tribute to one of my favorite bands of all time.

And that's about it! Just a short and sweet little blog this time around! Since I am posting this on Halloween, I guess I should say what my plans are right?...Well, we're not planning on going out or dressing up (I know lame, especially this is the first time Halloween has landed on a Saturday). I am however planning on watching my favorite Fall movie of all time,which is Practical Magic. I also will be making tacos and Margaritas to go with the movie. Because, if anyone has ever watched Practical Magic, there is a scene with the aunts where they make 'Midnight Margaritas'. Just love it! I may even do a little tribute blog post one day to that movie. Well, I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween 2015! Cheers.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How About Them Apples?

MUN Skin Care | AKWI Purifying Cleanser Review