A Tribute to Practical Magic Movie
In recognition to it being Halloween, I thought I should
have some kind of relatable mention to it on my blog.
Seeing as I won’t have any awesome Halloween costume pictures
to share with you all; Since I’m not going to be dressing up or going to any
costume parties(Yes I’ll take the “L”). But, I will be sitting at home sipping
on homemade margaritas and eating homemade tacos watching some of my favorite
movies!... A homebody dream right?! One of my favorite movies to watch on
Halloween or really in autumn is….Practical Magic! I love the movie so much I
decided to pay tribute and dedicate a blog to it for Halloween!
![]() |
| Flying off the roof scene on Halloween Night for the Locals! |
I still remember when I went and saw Practical Magic in the movie theater. It was with my two very best and dearest friends. I was immediately enchanted and bewitched by the movie. Not only the story line but the style, that house and the music was all me! I have always loved Stevie Nicks and for some reason didn’t realize she was such a big part of the soundtrack to the movie (probably because internet wasn’t a good source yet and you had to still rely on the news and magazines) and when I heard her voice singing in one of the scenes I immediately fought back tears.
I left the movie theater knowing this was going to be one of my all-time favorite feel good movies for life.
I always get so excited when I think or want to talk about
Practical Magic, so in order to calm myself down and be a bit more organized. I’m
going to break down the main things I love about the movie and also provide you
some fun little interactive websites at the end that mention Practical Magic as well...
The Fashion:
The Fashion:
I remember in the late 90’s there started to be this
transition from the early grunge sort of look to a more romanticized version of
it in woman’s fashion. Practical Magic depicted this so well by also mixing in
their own style which was very lazy feminine Coastal vibe.
![]() |
| photo credit: http://justinacarubia.tumblr.com/ |
You’ll see lots of practical clothing from Sally's character with floral dress and maxis. Gillian is more edgy with blacks and greens.
![]() |
| photo credit by: http://flamingpeach.polyvore.com/ |
However, if you pay close attention, at the end of the movie you can see Gillian's style changing to a more laidback version. I think this was showing how she is becoming more settled ,calm and content. She has finally grown up past her reckless,after what happened to her.
![]() |
| photo credit: http://flamingpeach.polyvore.com/ |

![]() |
| photo retrieved from: amasveritas.com |
The Aunts are adorable more traditional witchy Victorian-esque style.
![]() |
| photo credit: http://justina-marie-1.polyvore.com/ |
Wow. Let me just breathe for a moment. Okay. The house, that
house is honestly my dream house. Especially the kitchen and garden. It has the
perfect mixture of farmhouse meets modern Victorian and I just love it! And
what about the conservatory where Sally and The Aunts grew all kinds of herbs
for their potions and products for Sally’s store Verbena!

Sally’s Store:
You don't ge to see Sally’s store much. But what I find amazing about it is that it was in so many ways ahead of its time! It has
that minimal eco beauty chicness to it that is very in right now! How lovely would it be to know that’s where
you had to work every day?
The Characters:
Midnight Margaritas!!!!!
|
If you are a romantic or love anything mystical this movie
will be right up your alley. It’s full of it!!
The Music:
Last but absolutely not least is the music! I mentioned this
in my introduction but honestly the soundtrack really completes the music to
me.
I hope you enjoyed my tribute post to Practical Magic. It’s
a movie I will time and time again no matter how old I get! I also added down
below a few more fun links that mention the movie. What are your favorite feel
good Autumnal/Halloween Movies?!
WHICH 'PRACTICAL MAGIC' CHARACTER ARE YOU? - I got Maria Owens!!
Thank You for Reading and Remember.....
![]() |
| photo credits by: etsy shop owner writing on the wall dsg |
Disclaimer: Everything is purchased by me unless a gift or otherwise mentioned. This blog post and or products mentioned are not a PR Sample(s),Promotion or Sponsored. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Photo Credits: All pictures are taken by me unless otherwise mentioned.
Additional Photo Credits: All photo credits are mentioned under the particular photo. All other photso with no mentioned credited are movie stills from the movie Practical Magic and music video 'If You Ever Did Believe" by Stevie Nicks. If you are the owner and I did not credit you please email me in my contact link and I will correct it. Thank You.



















Comments
Post a Comment